This Dutch-language daily newspaper was founded in December 1883 under the name of Amigoe di Curacao by the Dominican Order. It began its circulation in Aruba in 1884. The edition used to be weekly until 1935, when it started to be published two times a week. It became a daily newspaper in 1941 issued by the Catholic Church. The online version of the newspaper started on January 8, 1998.